AlumKnights® Skilled Trades Scholarship
Application Requirements and Selection Process
Before submitting your application review the following points to ensure complete understanding of the scholarship application, deadline, and eligibility requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that a complete application and all requested materials are submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted starting January 22, 2019 and must be received online via our website submission form or via e-mail at email@example.com by Friday, February 22, 2019 at 11:59 pm MDT (midnight). Please note that the transcript and letter of recommendation must be submitted in-person to Mr. Allen Lindsay, College & Career Counselor, in Room 310 (not via e-mail) by Monday, February 25, at 12:00 pm (noon).
- Must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA or better
- Must be graduating in May 2019 from Del Norte High School
- Must be accepted to a career/technical/vocational program in a New Mexico community college or a trade/vocational school in Fall 2019. Examples of programs include:
|Machine Tool Technology|
|Automotive Technology||Diesel Equipment Technology||Plumbing and Gas Fitting|
|Aviation Technology||Electrical Trades||Rapid Prototype|
|Carpentry||Film Technician||Surveying Engineering|
|Construction Management Technology||Geographic Information Technology||Truck Driving|
|Construction Technology||Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC)||Welding|
- Student Information
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Career/Technical/Vocational Interests
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation (cannot be from a relative or legal guardian) submitted to Mr. S. Allen Lindsay, College and Career Counselor.
- Current Unofficial High School Transcript submitted to Mr. S. Allen Lindsay
Applications will be evaluated in March to determine the rating of applicants based on selection criteria developed by the AlumKnights Student Support Committee. Students who submit the proper application materials and are selected through a preliminary selection review will be invited to participate in a formal interview with members of the AlumKnights Student Support Committee in April. The final awardee(s) will be selected and notified no later than March 31, 2019.
Questions about the application material can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the AlumKnights Student Support Committee will respond to you as soon as possible.
To submit an online application, click on the link below:
AlumKnights® 2019 Skilled Trades Scholarship Application
After completing and submitting this application please print a copy for your records.