The Del Norte HS Alumni Association announces scholarship awards of $1,000 to five students in the class of 2021 and one incentive nursing scholarship in the amount of $10,000 – a total of $15,000. For more information about the 2021 AlumKnights® scholarship recipients, see our 2021 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards page.
Students receiving the $1,000 Drawbridge to Success Scholarship must attend a New Mexico two or four year college. Recipients are: Lissette Barela, Jacquelynn Javier, Susana Rodriguez, Angela Romero and Valeria Torres.
The recipient of the Dianne Riley Erickson Nursing Scholarship is Mariah Sedillo. In college year one, the student receives $1,000 followed by increasing amounts in college years two, three and four. The scholarship honors 1966 graduate Dianne Riley Erickson who worked as a nurse at numerous area hospitals.
The Del Norte High School AlumKnights provide scholarships annually to graduating seniors from Del Norte High School with a history of service to their school and community. Since 2013, the AlumKnights have paid out $89,000 in scholarships to 64 students across our three scholarship programs.
The AlumKnights® Scholarships include:
AlumKnights® Drawbridge to Success Scholarship
The Drawbridge to Success Scholarship provides a one-year $1,000 scholarship to graduating seniors who are interested in pursuing post-secondary education at a New Mexico institution of higher education and are able to demonstrate an extensive record of service, as exemplified by their participation in both school-based and community-based activities.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Must be graduating in May 2021 from Del Norte High School
- Must be attending a public two- or four-year institution of higher education in New Mexico in Fall 2021
AlumKnights® Skilled Trades Scholarship
The Skilled Trades Scholarship provides up to $2,000 for up to two years to students pursuing a career-oriented, technical, or vocational program of study at Central New Mexico Community College.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or better
- Must be graduating in May 2021 from Del Norte High School, OR graduated from DNHS within the past 5 years, OR earned a High School Equivalency/GED within the past 5 years and attended DNHS for at least three years
- Must be accepted to a career/technical/vocational program at Central New Mexico Community College in Summer or Fall 2021.
- How to Apply:
- Selection for this scholarship is no longer managed directly by the AlumKnights.
- Please apply directly through CNM at https://www.cnm.edu/depts/
- If you have trouble applying for the scholarship, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AlumKnights® Dianne Riley Erickson Nursing Scholarship
The Dianne Riley Erickson Nursing Scholarship provides up to $10,000 over four years to graduating seniors to graduating seniors who are interested in pursuing a four-year post-secondary degree in Nursing anywhere in the United States and are able to demonstrate an exemplary record of service, academic achievement, and commitment to the Nursing profession.
- How to Apply:
The AlumKnights are not currently accepting new applications for the Dianne Riley Erickson Nursing Scholarship, though this scholarship may be offered in future years.
Questions about the AlumKnights® Scholarships should be directed to email@example.com. A member of the AlumKnights® Student Support Committee will respond to you as soon as possible.
Previous AlumKnights® Scholarship Recipients
- 2021 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2020 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2019 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2018 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2017 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2016 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2015 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
- 2014 AlumKnights Scholarship Awards
If you are interested in supporting AlumKnights Scholarship awards, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to AlumKnights, Inc., a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Your donation may be specifically directed to the Erickson Healthcare Scholarship fund. To do so, specify this fund in the “special instructions” of the on-line donation form or on the memo line of your check.
To donate, simply press the “Donate” button below.
or you can mail us a check. Make the check payable to “AlumKnights, Inc.”, complete our AlumKnights Donation Form and mail it and the check to:
P.O. Box 93056
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87199
You can also purchase either a small or large brick for the Del Norte Legacy Brick Garden. A portion of the cost is tax deductible. For more information, visit our Brick Garden Fundraiser page.
Send donation inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org